Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Your Sentinel, Notes 200707



      I am slowly becoming a Frankenstein monster with surgeries and horrific growths on my face, ears and noggin. Life seems to go that way for some people. I assume that is true and think I am not alone, but then maybe I am alone.
      I was pulling out of a parking lot onto the highway, when this Progressive insurance car came whizzing by driving rather fast and recklessly, preventing me from getting onto the highway. Had I not been cautious I think it may have hit me. I've been thinking about that, wondering how that would have been had I got T-boned by an insurance car?
      I am enjoying the benefits of yoga and following the eight-fold noble path. It is basically the 10 commandments, but written down long before the bible was written and empathizes more positive aspects of life and is really optional. Reading what I just wrote makes me realize I have strayed outside the path to make a point. Yoga has studied all religions through the centuries and unlike the bible, there is no hell and damnation involved. It is just up to the individual to live a good life for him or herself. We can choose to live a life of misery and anger or we can follow the eight-fold noble path. The only gain is for the individual to have a happier life if he/she chooses to do so.
      I have always proclaimed that I am a 76% man, just average or in the old days at school a grade C. There used to be a majority of us in this country, but I think there are very few anymore. We have a lot of, I hesitate to say grade A because I do not agree with how they get to the top of the heap. These days there are far too many grade D or F people. I leave that to the reader to decide who's who. I still know a lot of people who are grade A in the best sense but I do not want to lump them in with the grade A's as I see them, so I give the working men, engineers and scientific folks a B++.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment