Thursday, July 9, 2020

Your Sentinel for today July 9, 2020


      I'm not in the big league so I did not get an American Express card and my name is not C. F. Frost.

      I went to the bank
      mask and gloves on hand
      looking like a broken man
      I wanted to get a credit card
      it wasn't really very hard
      could have done it on the phone
      sitting here all alone
      but I like to see a friendly face
      in a very friendly place
      when the bank is going to lend you money
      they can be as sweet as honey
      they know I will pay them back
      so they cut me a lot of slack
      it's just one more debt to pay
      put off for another day
      I spend more money, that is true
      but face it, you can't take it with you
      someday I will fade away
      but then, that's another day
      

No comments:

Post a Comment