Monday, June 8, 2020

The Sentinel News, Old Pickup Trucks

The Sentinel

All the news that's fit to print and some that's not.

Old Pickup Trucks


These are 4 of my favorites.
58 Chevy truck.

56 Ford

65 Chevy truck

67 Dodge


I love old trucks, always have.


I know I am not alone here. I never met a child that didn't like old trucks and old tractors, and any man that ever lived in the country loves them too. Back before 4 wheel drive trucks became nearly the standard, even a regular truck back then would get you most places in bad weather if you loaded some weight in the back. Even my old Nissan got me to work on some bad days when I had a load of firewood in the back of it. The only time I had a problem is when I had nothing back there and a freak, un-predicted storm ripped up on us and caught me at work in town. I was half way home then the truck did a 360 spin and dumped me into a 6 foot-deep ditch that not even someone with a 4 wheeler could get out of without a tow truck.

I also love old tractors


My old 1942 Ford tractor.

This was the only tractor I ever owned, but it was a great one! The old tractor was years older than me, but could still do anything that was needed any day any time, rain, sleet, snow, ice or low temperatures, she fired up and ran and did a good job.


No comments:

Post a Comment