Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Young Folks 200108

      This is dedicated to those of you who are young in age or even young at heart.



      I am an old man now and I have lived through a lot in my lifetime, so I have had a lot of experiences. When you are as old as I am you will have fond memories of things you haven't thought about for decades and those memories will sustain you and help you realize what a wonderful life you have had.

      What I want to tell you is this: Never give up hope! Do not chose friends who bring you down. Those people will ruin your life. Do not listen to people who tell you cannot achieve what you want to do with your life. It is not necessary to be any particular occupation, like a doctor, a scientist, a rock star; just be what you want to be and that will lead to a happy life. It doesn't matter if you want to work in a soup kitchen, if that makes you happy to help people. If you want to travel the world, do it before you are too old. If you want to be a stock broker, be one!

      I wanted to work in electronics and did so all of my life and it made me happy. Every life has its ups and downs, don't let that discourage you. Always follow your dream and never be sorry. Don't make the one mistake I did by wanting to please everyone; you cannot please everyone, so you have to please yourself. I am not advocating being selfish, that is wrong. Everyone's is different,so I can only speak for myself. The point is your life is up to you, choose wisely.

      One last thing here, I have found that my regrets in life are more for what I didn't do than what I did do.

Copyright Bill Weber 2006-2026 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment