Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Amazon 191113

      I remember when Amazon was just a river in south America. My grade school teacher said it was the biggest river in the world. I didn't want to believe that any river was bigger than my beloved Mississippi.



      I saw that Amazon is opening their own space force in Texas. Is there anything that the company Amazon doesn't have a piece of these days? I'm glad you asked that. It seems that the man called Jeff Bezos, who started a little company called Amazon began as a little on-line seller of books has become the biggest on-line retailer in the world and it ain't just books anymore.

      Amazon has purchased and controls many companies in its short 25 year span of existence. Among those companies are 'Whole Foods Market' for groceries, 'Ring' a door bell company that is a techno-wizard, 'Zappos' a footwear company, 'Alexa' a big data company, 'Pill Pack' an on-line pharmacy, 'Twitch Interactive' the most popular video gaming platform in the world, 'Kiva Systems' a robotics company re-branded as Amazon Robitics, 'Audible' a company that reads books for you while you drive to work or across country, 'Cloud Endure' a cloud computing company, 'Annapurna Labs' an Israeli circuit chip maker, 'Internet Movie Database' IMDB.com a wonderful reference for anything movie related (it's free and I use it all the time). And of course the Amazon Space Force. I wonder who will be employed in the space force when they begin to explore outer space? Apparently the sky isn't the limit for Jeff. He may be small in stature, but he is big on ideas and accomplishments. I bet his mom is proud of him.

      It seems to me that there may come a time when we may be able to live under the mantle of Amazon. Anything we may want or need will be available from Amazon. The company has only been in existence for 25 years; imagine what it may be in another 25 years. I can't begin to wonder all that the company might encompass.

Copyright Bill Weber 2006-2019 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment