Sunday, September 22, 2019

Technology 190922

      What have we come to at this point?



      In recent years I have embraced technology as a good thing, but now as of today, I am beginning to wonder. I watched a TV commercial where an Amazon Alexa device talked to a Delta kitchen faucet and told it to pour 32 ounces of water into a container and it happened!
      There was another commercial with a Google home hub allowing two people to talk over the internet. It is astounding that we can now do things like this, but there is an underlying issue I see. These devices know everything we do and everything we say in the privacy of our home and there is nothing we can do about that.
      This morning I typed in isaw3seas, and I didn't even finish the entire address of my blog on a search, yet it showed up and I was surprised how much I found. There were things I had written and published with pictures from years ago. What we do or say today never goes away. Web sites store what they call a cache of our activities and they never forget it.
      I have nothing to hide, but in the future who knows what may become unsavory or even illegal? There is no way to erase what may have been written in a weak moment or a moment of frustration.
      I fear we have become a prisoner of our own accomplishments. We are now living in the famous George Orwell 1946 book about 1984.
      
Copyright Bill Weber 2006-2019 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment