Sunday, March 3, 2019

Has life passed me by?


      This picture was taken many years ago. Someone asked why my current cover photo on Facebook didn't show a beer in my hand. I replied that it was indeed strange, as most pictures of me do have a beer in hand. This picture has never been posted before and I do have a beer in one hand, a smoke in the other and a smile on my happy face.

      I no longer work, no longer visit with as many people as I once did. I am beginning to wonder if I am out of the loop?
      Joyce's mother said that many years ago. I thought it was funny at the time, but now I have to say I get it. What happened here? I am happy, but I am wondering now if Joyce's mother was correct years ago and now I am in the same predicament? I feel like I am in that same situation at this moment. I have forgotten more than I can state about how things happen in the workforce. I don't know if I could get a job anymore. All I know is history these days when it comes to working in the positions I have held in the past; everything has advanced beyond anything I ever knew. I am feeling very outdated at the moment. I hope I never need another job in the future. Back in the day I was in a desirable field, now my field has gone well past my ability. I have never worked as cashier or in a retail store or as a janitor and as for working as a short order cook at an unnamed restaurant chain, I don't have any court convictions to qualify at this point in time. I suppose I could get a job as a Walmart greeter, but I don't think they have them anymore. And then again I would not want to stand for hours trying to make people happy to be entering Walmart; most seem happy already.
      So what is left for me if I need some kind of job? I have no answer today. Maybe there is no answer? I do not know. I can only hope I never need to find out, but with increasing prices on everything I may have to at some point. Perhaps something will happen similar to my story I sent out earlier this week, "The Final Voyage."
      Whatever happens in the future is not necessarily mine to choose, but whatever happens I will as the song said, "So let the sun shine in, face it with a grin. Smilers never lose and frowners never win. Open up your heart and let the sun shine in."

Copyright Bill Weber 2019 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment