Thursday, March 7, 2019

Bad day Good day? 190307


      Today did not start well. I thought I had paid my cell phone bill, but I was wrong. There was no service this morning. I went to the local phone store to pay it, but they were not yet open. Both things seemed to be an omen for a long-bad day. It took me a while to get beyond that thought.

      We headed to the fitness center and when I got out of the car I found a beat up quarter laying on the ground. It was hardly recognizable, but it was facing heads up. Now when a person finds a penny heads up that is a sign of good luck for the day. So I'm thinking a quarter found heads up is good luck for 25 days. That only makes sense, right?
      So far, I got my phone service back, got a case of beer, had a great workout and another 24 days of good luck. Now I have to wonder, what if I found a dollar bill heads up or even a 20 dollar bill heads up? A twenty would be 2000 days of good luck. I don't even know if I have 2000 days left in my life. Maybe that would be a good omen that I would have 2000 days left. If anyone wants to surreptitiously drop a 20 on my doorstep I would be happy to find it. Be sure to anchor it with something to keep it from blowing away, I wouldn't want it to whisk away and end up giving someone else 2000 days of good luck.
      Later, I had that beat up quarter for 10 days and had good luck. I was in the dollar store and there's a nice older cashier there who looked maybe a little down on her luck, so I gave her the quarter and the 15 days left on the good luck. I hope it works for her.
      
Copyright Bill Weber 2019 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment