Thursday, December 27, 2018

What will be? 181227


      

      Clickity clack, clickity clack
      the last train of 2018 is rolling down the track
      the end of the year
      is very near
      what a year it has been
      sometimes happiness and some chagrin
      but Joyce has been here
      throughout the year
      and with her new hearing aids
      she's hearing quite clear
      what will happen next year
      is not at all clear
      will it be sunshine
      will all be just fine
      no one can know
      where a new trend may go
      one year ends in a single day
      a new year starts the same way
      I hope yours is sunny and bright
      a year for you with sweetness and light.
      
      I remember long ago in the navy when I complained about the duty station where I was posted. An old navy navy chief looked at me and said, "Every duty station is good and every duty station is bad. It all depends on how you make it." I have been in many places in the more than 50 years hence and those words still come to mind. They were true then and still ring true today. My hope for you this year is that you can make your duty station a good one and I will do the same.

Copyright Bill Weber 2018 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment