Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Heritage 181017



      I come from a long line of drinkers. Although my mother did not drink after she had a couple of children (she did before and slightly after my conception), the rest of my ancestors, father, grandfather, uncles aunts were definitely into alcohol, in a big way, be it beer or whiskey. Those ancestors, grandparents, parents that lived during the prohibition days remember that well. During those days the majority of people had some part either consuming alcohol or producing and or delivering it. I admire anyone who chooses not to imbibe alcohol, and at the same time while alcohol can consume and ruin a life, it also makes for a lot of good times when used responsibly. Someone, I know not who, once said something to the effect, "alcohol, getting people laid for 5000 years." The majority of us, at least 51% or more were conceived under the spell of alcohol. Some may take offence at that statement, but let's face it, those things happen. I always liked George Jones when he sang "I know more old drunks than I know old doctors." I have seen many old codgers that swear by a little alcohol every day. I have had two doctors that I have told I drink every day and they get it. One asked how much and during my working days I answered 2 or 3 beers a day. He replied, "I don't worry about that, 2 or 3 six packs I do worry about it."
      
      
      

No comments:

Post a Comment