Wednesday, September 26, 2018

The most important thing in life 180926


      This is Joyce at 18 years old when I met her. We were married 8 months later and no one thought it would last.

      I am sitting here, three sheets to the wind (nautical term) as I write this post. I am thinking about my life and while I have never been a celebrity, an intellectual with a fancy education, or a lot of famous accomplishments, what I do have is the most important thing in life.
      If you are still reading this, I hope you have guessed what that most important in life is; if not, here is what I firmly believe is the most important thing in life. It is so simple, having someone to love. I have been blessed to have a woman to love for 54 years now. I know there are many, even thousands, perhaps millions of men who have achieved success beyond anything I could ever hope for, but they love their careers more than they love the woman beside them and go through multiple marriages. They seem to miss what I call the most important thing in life. If I am wrong in my view, I am still very happy and live in bliss with what I have had for all these years, while they seem to not be so happy despite all their worldly success.
      This woman I love and live with and I have been through some rough times and yet we went through them and came out on the other side still happy. I am not meaning to brag, more just plain lucky in the choices made. I do not deserve her, but she has stood beside me through thick and thin and I am more in love today than ever before. Perhaps it is just luck, I do not know. Whatever it is/was it is great in my mind.
      Well now I am climbing down from the pulpit and let you decide what is and is not important in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment