Monday, August 6, 2018

Wonderful day! 180806



       I have told you that every morning I awake with a song riff in my head, today's song is "Bird Dog" by the Everly brothers, Phil and Don. The Phil and Don is a reference from an old Beatles song. How this happens is a mystery to me and it doesn't go away until the next morning.
      Today we were busy rearranging things (after the fitness center) so we could play some music on our computer. Our first songs were Michael Buble's newest album and then Christmas instrumentals from the GRP albums we have. Next was was and still is Garth Brooks songs that influenced him as a child. We have 80 some songs just on that and far more in our library. Joyce has not been able to listen to music since last October when she died on the bed in the emergency room. The music sounded like birds chirping or the chipmunks singing and it distressed her. I was in tears just seeing her progress and being able to have drinks and listen to music that we love so much. Joyce is still not all the way back with her hearing, but she is improving and she could enjoy the music this afternoon. God has been so good to us and I am thankful for that.
      Right now we are listening to "Sweet Home Alabama" my favorite song, despite the fact that I do not like Alabama. I cannot figure that out, but it is what it is.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment