Thursday, August 9, 2018

Great cars 180809


      Today's song in my head this morning is "I get around" by the Beach Boys. Okay though because I have a treat; I got an email this morning from an old navy buddy with some beautiful cars from a bygone era. This first one is a classic in all respects. It is a 56 Thunderbird, a car I always wanted.

      This one is near and dear. It is a 60 Corvair, the car Joyce and I went to California in during 1966. Look at the car and think we had everything we owned in the world in that little car.

      The 56 Pontiac, the only new car my father ever bought. It was a beauty and was the first new car I ever rode in.

      Turn this 53 Mercury red and it is the the one I wrote about earlier today, "Tales of a 53 Mercury." One of my best stories, and all true.

      59 T-Bird, I got to drive one of these once in my life, wonderful car and it was brand new. My then girlfriend was duly impressed as she thought it was mine.

      Oh yes! The 53 Studebaker. My 55 Studebaker was much like this one, only black with a pink top. Not the best color scheme, but it worked.

      I think everyone can recognize the 57 Chevy. I had one of these much later. I had always wanted one. It was a slick car, but not as slick as this one in the picture.

      Jimmy Price (from the neighborhood) had a red convertible in 59 with a 4 speed on the floor and it was awesome! I never got to ride in it though. Interesting in 59 the Chevys did not have an oil filter.

      The 56 Ford Crown Victoria. My cousin had one of these with a T-Bird engine and a 4 barrel carburetor. That thing could fly! I only drove it once, but remember it well today.

      Never a race car, but the 60 Plymouth Valiant was probably the best compact car of that year. My buddy's father had one and we got to cruise around in it when it was new.

      
      
      
      

No comments:

Post a Comment