Thursday, June 28, 2018

The Miller Life



      Today's post is a double play. It covers Miller light as Miller life and Miller High Life beers. As I wrote this I thought of my uncle Tom (who had a cabin, but was not the man in uncle Tom's cabin). He would listen to the Saint Louis Cardinal's games when he was at our home in the summer before we had TV. He always quoted "Tinker to Evers to Chance" You probably never heard that, so I will tell you about it. Tinker to Evers to Chance is a poem written by Franklin P. Adams in 1910. It is about the Chicago Cubs infielders of the same name. They began playing for the Cubs in 1902 and that began a legacy from 1902 to 1912. They took the Cubs to the National League pennant 4 times from 1906 to 1910 and won 2 back to back World Series in 1907 and 1908. They were the best double play infielders in history. After they left it took the Chicago Cubs until 2016 to win the World Series again. Although the Cubs always managed to beat the Cardinals every game grandpa and I went to see, much to my chagrin.
      And now, finally below is what I started to write about "The MIller Life".
      Sometimes when things seem so bad
      it makes me feel so sad
      I need a cup of good cheer
      by that I mean beer
      I don't want to ruin my whole day
      and the beer makes problems vanish away
      by evening time
      I'm feeling prime
      no more worries or woes
      that's how my story goes
      come the next morning
      be there another dire warning
      I rush to the store
      to buy me some more
      some might say old Bill just don't care
      but old Bill just knows it's always 5 o'clock somewhere
      
      
      
      

No comments:

Post a Comment