Monday, June 4, 2018

Facing the consequences 1806



      After our morning walk, we stopped at Aldi's grocery which is by our apartment. I had decided to get a chicken to bake for supper. Now Aldi's is a great grocery store, but now they have added stuff, things for the home, garden, flower plants, shoes, bras, paper goods, the list goes on and on. So while I am getting the fresh chicken to bake (that was still frozen on the inside) Joyce found a new deep skillet with a nice glass lid for the top of it.
      So plans changed from baking to fried chicken, which is one of our favorite meals. Our town has everything but a fried chicken outlet. Joyce's vision is still very limited from all the things she went through at the end of last year, so I decided to intervene by cutting up the chicken. Well that did not make her happy, but I did not want to be going to the urgent care facility to get her fingers sewed up. So I cut the chicken (under her tutelage) all prepped and ready. Who knew that was such a complicated process? She has had 50 years of experience, while I was just on my second round, after my first where I destroyed rather than cut up the chicken.
      Being a house wife is not an easy task in our universe, as I have learned while caring for her when she first came home and cutting a chicken up properly is even more complex than most men can understand. But right now the fracas is over and the chicken is frying and drool is running down my chin.
      Let this be a warning to men all over the world, do not try to take over a woman's kitchen without proper training in some high class cooking school, or face the consequences!

No comments:

Post a Comment