Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Sugar Salt and Fat 1805



      Everyone craves salt, sugar and fat. It is a natural thing; we require those ingredients. Doctors will tell us to cut back on them. Runners will pass out without enough salt in their bodies. Sugar is the last taste we lose when we are in the old folks home or even home alone. Fat is a most essential element for our brains to function properly. Infants and children need lots of fat for their brain to develop properly. Vegetarians and vegans sometimes get weird due to lack of fat in their diet. Just about any pre-packaged food has a lot of salt, sugar and fat in it. We may not notice the word sugar on the ingredients list, but sugar comes in many forms and we do not recognize it in the packaged foods, but it is there.
      As always, too much of anything is bad for us. I get my sugar and grains from beer and I get all I need from that. My salt comes from bacon or ham, which I do enjoy. Bacon has fats too, so it is double good for me. I can also get sugar from sugar cured bacon, but I prefer to get my sugar from beer. That’s just me.
      One other thing we need is fiber! Now meatatarians don’t get much fiber at all. Those who practice that venue end up looking like wolves. They do lose weight and they do get mean, but how their digestion works is a mystery to me. I can’t even imagine how they ever have a bowel movement, perhaps that is why they get so damn mean!
       Well now this is uncle Billy’s health tips for today. Eat well and enjoy life to its fullest. As Benjamin Franklin once said, “beer is proof that God loves us.” I know that is true, because I have the T shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment