Sunday, March 18, 2018

Trucks 1803



      I have always liked trucks. My father drove trucks and ambulances for 30 or more years. When I was in my teens a friend of mine’s grandpa bought a 58 Chevy pickup that was a great work truck that we both thought was so cool. A friend of my father had a 56 Ford that he tricked out. That thing was awesome. He had chrome exhaust pipes that came up and over the back of the cab and a big V-8 engine that had the sweetest, mellowest sound I can ever remember.

      Now that I can sit on my patio and see all of the big trucks and trailers that unload behind Walmart, I am in awe of how skilled those drivers are. It is a tight space by the loading dock and those guys can back in a 50 foot trailer between two others in rapid time. Those guys back up to the loading dock between two other trailers with only perhaps one foot of space on either side. That seems amazing to me that they can do that. Sometimes one is leaving while another is coming in and they have to weave around that small space like two giant snakes. It is really something to see. These days there are so many nice trucks on the market and they are so nice and comfortable, better than a car.



No comments:

Post a Comment