Friday, February 23, 2018

Lucky Friday 1802

      I got one of the bills in the mail for Joyce’s radiology yesterday. It had an option to pay online, so I decided to pay it that way. When I got into the webpage, the bill said $0.00, which was way different from the paper billing statement. That made me call customer service, which droned on and on with a jazz snippet that never changed. I finally got to a representative and asked why the difference and what did I need to do? The nice lady there said the amount was $0.00 because the bill had been mailed out before they received a payment from our secondary insurance. That was a lucky start to my day.

      Then Joyce and I went to Walmart and she was able to walk the store using the shopping cart as a walker. Great news for me and her! Our local Walmart has nice cashiers and shoppers and being a semi-rural area people who saw her with the cart and me dragging her wheelchair behind, gave us a wide area to travel. They were very considerate of her and me. We finished our shopping and made it out for $31.00, (a miracle and that included beer).

      I figured out I can pull the car up by where they bring the shopping carts back and there is a wide area to stop the car and help Joyce out of the car and into the chair. When we were done, I left her in her chair near the side door while I brought the car up to the cart area. While I was gone several people exited that door and all stopped to ask Joyce if they could help her with the door.

      And then the best thing of all, as I put the groceries in the trunk of the car, I found a quarter! I have no idea how it got there and it may have been there for a long time, but now I have it in my pocket and am happy to have it. Now I only need to find $9.50 to buy another 12 pack next time I go to Walmart.

      It appears as though I am living right at the moment, no jinxes my way please.

No comments:

Post a Comment