Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Skin Cancer Removal

     I had another skin cancer breakout on my ear last fall. I finally had it cut out this morning by a mohs surgeon. It all went well and he had me numbed up enough I didn’t feel anything but a little pressure against the cancer site. There is one thing however that somewhat distresses me about the whole thing. After he finished and checked that there was no more cancer there, his assistant came in and finished closing the wound. She used what she called a particular type of screen. I cannot remember the name, but she explained it is flesh from a pig’s ear. Now that in itself does not bother me except for one thing; I think having a pig skin sewed onto my ear might prevent me from ever being able to convert to any of several different religions on the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment