Sunday, December 11, 2016

Three Ghosts of Christmas?

Last night I was visited by what appeared to be three ghosts.
The first came toward me as I was standing outside on the patio smoking a cigarette after my evening meal. The apparition flew directly at me from a distance and as it did my past life reeled across my mind. My past didn’t seem unpleasant at all. The apparition seemed so real, but I denied its presence, claiming it to be an empty shopping bag that floated on the wind at me from the now empty Wal-Mart parking lot.
The second spirit appeared at midnight as I was again having a smoke on the patio. The second spirit was much larger than the first and appeared to be at least 12 feet in height. It swayed, it leapt in the air and again leaned toward me, its shimmering, silvery shape frightening me. It made me think about my present life and how nice it was, living so close to Wal-Mart. I denied the second spirit when it suddenly stopped and snapped back, showing me it was only a long sheet of the heavy duty plastic wrap Wal-Mart uses to wrap used pallets and unsold garden supplies.

The third spirit came to me at three AM as I was out on the patio smoking a cigarette and looking toward Wal-Mart. This time it was not used plastic from Wal-Mart. This time it appeared in the haze of smoke I exhaled into the now silent night. The spirit showed me the future and me in my casket, with my liver spent from drinking beer and whiskey from Wal-Mart and my lungs all crinkled and black from smoking cigarettes bought at Wal-Mart. The third spirit I also denied because I know when I die I will be cremated and not buried in a Wal-Mart wooden box.

No comments:

Post a Comment