Monday, June 13, 2016

Retired Retread 1606

Driving down the interstate, I see a lot of big trucks. This time of year I also see a lot of blown out tires from those trailers they haul. The reason those tires blow is because trucking companies are allowed to use retread tires on the heavily loaded trailers they haul. Heat and weight and pressure cause retreads to blow out and end their life cycle.
Retired people are like retread tires. The same thing happens to them. The heat gets to them, the extra weight stresses them and blood pressure harms them. All of those things lead to the end of their life cycle.
Long about now you may be thinking I will offer some magical solution to this problem, but I have none. It’s just a fact of life. The best thing I can suggest is to enjoy each day because you never know when a blowout will end a life cycle. Oh, and when you pass a trailer, pass it, do not linger beside it or your life cycle may end prematurely.

No comments:

Post a Comment