Friday, May 13, 2016

New Home 1605

          It is so nice to be in our new home. We have downsized so much it reminds me of when I would go on board ship. Things are more compact and everything I need is in one area. On the farm, when I needed a tool for something it might have been in the basement or upstairs or in the garage or the barn, now everything is in one spot. There is no more roaming all over looking for something, no more up and down flights of stairs or searching through several tool boxes. Another good thing is our living room furniture all fits here and our bedroom furniture does too. In that respect, it makes the new place more homey than it would be with everything being different. Now it's like living out of my sea bag again and I like that. This is a simpler lifestyle, no riding lawn mowers to have to repair before starting to actually use them, no repairs to be made on anything. I did have to pick up a few weeds growing just off the patio this morning, only because I am still acclimating to my new lifestyle.

          We are roaming about town trying to get a map in our heads as to where things are in our new town. The one drawback is that I no longer have a garage to keep the car under cover. Our once new car will now be exposed to the elements. 

          Yesterday we stopped at a local discount store. The parking lot was near empty so I felt the car was safe parking there. We were inside when an old couple came in to shop. The old man was a giant, at least six foot nine and his wife was about four foot nine. They looked cute together. We checked out and went to the parking lot and there was their aged Oldsmobile parked so close to our car that it was obviously impossible for the giant to have gotten out of his car without banging our side door as old people tend to do. The car was so close Joyce could not slide in her door. With the lot empty, I do not know why he parked so close to us. Joyce realized what had to have happened and did not want to look to see if there was a door ding. I still haven't looked myself. I was just happy the old giant didn't take out our rear quarter panel. Neither one of them seemed to have good vision. Now that we live in an apartment, I know there will be door dings; it's just a fact of life when you live in close quarters.

No comments:

Post a Comment