Tuesday, February 16, 2016

A Few Observations 160216

I have seen most of the 50 super bowls and I still enjoy them.
I have been with the same woman for 52 years and still love her.

Happiness is a funny thing. I repaired TV sets for several years and during that time I met and talked with a lot of people. Many were very well off in life, but few of them seemed to be happy with anything in their lives. I was in a lot of poor homes and yet most of those people were, for the most part, happy with their lives. 

My father only went through the 7th grade when he left school to support himself and his mother. Joyce's father finished grade school. My uncles both only finished high-school. Joyce's uncles only went half way through high-school. They all had things in common; they were all well informed, intelligent, successful and hard workers. I have met a lot of engineers that are so very smart and were a delight to work with. At the same time I have met many people in my life that are exactly opposite of our fathers and uncles; they have higher education, they are not well informed, not intelligent, not successful and are not hard workers. I do not claim this is all encompassing, just what I have observed.

I have noticed that children who are named after people they admire in the family, not only resemble them but seem to have the same temperament. None of my siblings named their children after me (I suppose that alone says something about me).

No comments:

Post a Comment