Saturday, January 30, 2016

Art makes no sense to me.

OMG I saw on the nightly business report that a grad student in finance and budding artist invested more than $10,000 in junk stocks this month; she based her picks on their quirky names and no fundamentals . The junk stocks have tumbled taking most of her money and flushing it down the toilet. Now she has made an entire gallery in New York with her paintings that are nothing but black lines showing her stock losses in chart form on white canvas. Now I thought her spending $10,000 on junk stocks based only on the names of the company was not very bright. The fact that she has an upscale art gallery showing does not seem very bright to me either. 

And now the rest of the story, she has most of the gallery paintings sold for $10,000 each. Now I have to wonder about those who have bought them. I guess this is why I am not rich, because things like this make no sense to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment