Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Luck Befalls Me


          Tuesday July 14, 2015 how lucky am I? I like to drink, smoke and talk. Joyce likes to drink, smoke and listen. My goals, set back in the eighties, have been met. My goals were small in relation to those perhaps of a rich man; but my goals included family, friends and a relatively simple life.
          News today a barn was lifted off its foundation and hurled onto interstate 44 east of us. The winds were high and it blocked westbound traffic for quite a while.
          A thought just occurred to me this afternoon. I was just a teen in my car evenings in Saint Louis in the early sixties trying to tune in WLS Chicago, the top station in the nation. It did not always come in, but when it did, we were rocking to some great music.

No comments:

Post a Comment