Friday, May 1, 2015

I am no Preacher

I am still a gardener and to quote Thomas Jefferson, “Though I am an old man in life I am but a young man in the garden.”  I was weeding in my flower garden this morning when I noticed that there was a lot of tall grass that needed to be removed. That is not unusual, but I also noticed that a weedy ground cover that grows all over this area and never reaches over 5-6 inches, but here it was in my flower garden standing 2 1/2 feet tall. It was much taller than my Iris flowers. I thought about that and this came into my mind. God loves those weeds and all others so much He gives them the ability to grow as tall as they need to so they can spread their seed and survive year after year. That is when I wondered, how much more does He love me that He has given me the ability to survive as a fairly plain old weed in humanity? I think I am happy to have realized that.

No comments:

Post a Comment