Wednesday, March 4, 2015

California Dreaming

I took a long trip today without ever leaving my desk. The trip was back to California in 1966. We lived there 1966, 67, 73 and 77-87. I was listening to the Beach Boys sing Kokomo, Little Deuce Coupe, California Girls and 409. Those were some great years. We had a chance to buy a bungalow on Coronado in 73 for $35,000. That was a small price for a home there back then. We would still be here today, but a lot wealthier than we are today. Even $35,000 was a lot of money to us then, but if things had worked out that would have been a good thing. Sometimes things just slip through one’s hands as that did. Today I would love to be on Coronado walking the beach in warm temperatures with my bare feet in the sand instead of sitting here in 23° with snow slicing at a 90° angle across the farm. It was not meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment