Saturday, August 2, 2014

Year Milestones

I was thinking today about my recent birthday. It occurred to me that 69 is not a milestone, so I began to think about which years are milestones and here are my results:

16 is great because you can get your driver's license.
18 is interesting for girls because they change from jail bait to rebate. Boys on the other hand used to become eligible for the draft and those who are bad asses in juvenile hall become fresh asses in general population of adult prisons.
21 is obvious, legal age for everything.
25 reduces one's auto insurance.
40 is when we enter middle age and become less employable.
50 is when we become nearly unemployable.
59.5 we can draw on our 401-K assuming we have anything there after being unemployed for a decade.
62 we are eligible for Social Security after those years of unemployment.
65 is Medicare time and that is great.
80 we become octogenarians and while that is a milestone, I am not looking forward to it.
100 we become a centigenarian  which I pray God he does not do that to me.
So these are my milestones. If I missed something, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment