Friday, May 23, 2014

Inflation and Big Women

Friday May 23, 2014 we went to the grocery store this morning. Two things I noted were, one, potato chips $4.29 for 10 ounces of chips, holy crap! Number two, beans at $1.09 a can and yet our government says there is no inflation. Again, holy crap! On our way home I noted that gas went up 10 cents a gallon overnight, just in time for Memorial Day traffic. Do the oil companies have no respect for veterans or do they just want more corporate profits at the expense of everyone, including hundreds of thousands of vets? The girls at the grocery checkout counter were cute. Two were standing at the ready when we were ready to check out. One was petite and olive skinned and one was big and blond. The blond said to me, “you can go to her checkout; but she bites, while I am closer.” I went to the closer checkout and said, “If I was 50 years younger, I could go for that biting thing, but here I am.” Joyce arrived and I put my arm around her and said, “Besides, I like a full sized woman.” The checkout girl looked surprised, but alas it is true. I am amazed at what I can say and get away with it with my now gray hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment