Monday, April 28, 2014

Tornadoes and Turkeys

Yesterday was a very scary day. There were tornadoes firing up west of us and heading our direction all day and most of the night. Severe thunderstorms were the order of the day. High winds and huge downpours were matter of fact, starting and stopping as regular as traffic lights. There was nothing we could do about the weather except worry about it. Last night around 9 PM one fired up and passed by us less than 10 miles away. The TV weathermen and women were breaking in with updates constantly. The worst of it went on for about 9 hours. The roof sprung a leak again. I can’t be sure of how bad it is yet, but this old man will be up there again, trying to figure out where it is coming from. That is as soon as the winds die down. I do not like being up there on a windy day. I feel sorry for those who were hit by the tornadoes yesterday. I cannot imagine losing my entire home and having to face that. I think when I was younger it would not have bothered me, but at my age now I don’t know how I could face it. I just don’t think I have the strength. It would be worse yet if something were to happen to me or Joyce that would be the real tragedy. We are not replaceable. 

 

On a lighter note, Rhett bagged a 22 pound turkey gobbler yesterday morning before all the bad weather started up. He was pretty proud of that and as you can see in the picture that turkey was huge!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment