Tuesday, September 10, 2013

It’s All Over Now!



   The SentinelA Little Fact and a Little Fiction


The old push mower has finally failed me. It is/was 16 years old and had been giving me trouble for the last 3 years. This year it would start one time and then fail to start the next time. I worked on it all summer long. Today I replaced the pin and the gasket on the fuel bowl but to no avail. That was the last thing I could do. When it would not start after exhausting everything I know about small engines I figured it was time to put it to rest. You cannot imagine what a .357 will do to an old lawn mower out behind the barn, it was awesome to see. I unloaded an entire cylinder into that piece of crap. The pistol needed to be shot anyway and now, the lawn mower is ready for the scrap heap. Farewell old friend; you have served me well though the years, but your time had come and gone.

On a brighter note, fall is here. I took a picture of our squash harvest and a picture of the one sure thing that says fall is here today. The old reliable garden spider has made a web on the side of our BBQ. When I see them, I know fall is here for sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment