Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Lottery Blues

Wednesday August 7, 2013 I was out and about today shopping in our little town. I stopped by the local quick stop to cash in some scratcher tickets that were small winners. Of course I bought more and brought them home for Joyce and I to scratch off.  Most were losing tickets, yeah like I shouldn’t have known that. We did have two small winners and this evening I sat at the computer to enter the numbers on the losing tickets at the Missouri lottery web site. There are 14 numbers on back of the ticket and another 12 on the front side of each ticket. I am not a data entry clerk so I am slow and often miss-enter the numbers, requiring me to go back and check each number front and back. It gets annoying at times finding my mistake. Today’s tickets went well until I got to the last one. The lottery site rejected it as an invalid number. I rechecked my ticket and compared to the numbers I had entered, not once, not twice, but three times and could not see where my mistake was. I asked Joyce to come over and enter the numbers from scratch. She got the same message and after rechecking she said she could not see the problem either. Then the only possible answer dawned on me. It answered a question I had wondered about for months now. Can you guess what the answer was?

It was a winning ticket!

No comments:

Post a Comment