Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Sunday Yesterday

Yesterday was an amazing feast. There were 2 pies, coconut crème, lemon meringue, 2 cakes, coconut and angel food, 2 brownie pans, smoked ham, fresh steamed asparagus, wild rice, sweet potatoes, rolls, deviled eggs, southern fried corn, scalloped corn, and pasta salad. The only bad part was I could not eat it all. I had to share. That of course, still left me more than I could possibly eat. I took some ham and eggs home for breakfast this morning, but had it for a late night snack. I felt so blessed to have so much in my life.

Today, while thinking about our Easter feast, I remembered the first years of our marriage. I was in the navy, making so little money that we had no radio, no TV and were so poor we lived on French fries Joyce cooked in Crisco used over and over again. We have come far from those days. We are still nowhere near being wealthy unless wealth can be measured by fond memories and love and happiness with what we do have.

Each life is what it is and what it is I believe depends on ones perception of what is right before them at the moment. That is philosophy from around the world and I think it is correct. So many times in my life, good or bad, have been shaped by my outlook rather than by the actual events.

No comments:

Post a Comment