Sunday, March 3, 2013

She Looked Like She Could Run


Many years ago back in 1985, I bought a new truck. It was shiny, flashy and had no mileage on it. Fast forward, a decade later I had 80,000 miles on the truck. I remember telling my brother at that time that even though the truck was nowhere near new, it still felt like new to me. Today, 28 years and 145,000 miles later the old truck has lost its shiny, flashy look and it has been worn from hard work; that said, I still love it and treasure it.

Joyce is a lot like that truck. When we met in 1963, she was shiny, flashy and had no mileage on her. A decade later Joyce had a lot of miles on her, but I still saw her as near new. Now almost 50 years later, she has many, many miles on her and she is worn from a lot of hard work; that said, I still love and treasure her.
I’d trade the old truck for a new one, but I’d never trade Joyce for a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment