Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hard Work Painting


Tuesday September 25, 2012 we have been working scraping and painting 5 days out of the last 6. We are exhausted. I fixed a roof leak on the garage, and then painted the wood trim and I fixed one leak over the front porch and Joyce painted the ceiling of the porch. The garage and barn roof butted up against it are made of tin and slick as a sheet of ice. I had to pull myself up on the barn roof and hold on while painting or I would have slid right off the barn roof. All the ladder work has been trying to say the least. The back deck looks better than it ever has. The color scheme goes well with the house. The funny thing is, the paint we used was bought about 4 years ago and we mixed 4 or 5 partial cans of paint with 3 gallons paint we had left over from another project. I will save what we have left as there is no way to touch up the deck and match what is there now. The interesting thing about being old is every time I start a big project like this; I find I have tired, aching muscles I forgot I even had. Right now every move I make produces a groan from every muscle I have left.

No comments:

Post a Comment