I felt better this morning, not good, but good enough to walk to Aldi’s and back. I was greeted by all of the young ladies who stack the shelves in the store. I smiled at all of them and returned their greetings. What started with one or two seems to have spread to all of them. It’s nice to be noticed and exchange greetings.
By the time I walked home with two fairly heavy bags of groceries, I was really tired. That’s all I did today.
I’m hoping this passes soon. It came on in a heartbeat, so I’m hoping I return to my normal in a short time. I was just corresponding with my Beautiful Sister. She had read my post with the part about feeling bad. As I wrote, I began to wonder; I was at my doctor’s for my semi-annual checkup. I relented and got a flu shot for the first time ever. The shot was painful for several days. I’m wondering if instead of preventing getting the flu, I actually got the flu. I remember the shot being massive. Maybe I was overdosed? Who knows, it could be what has hit me.
I just called my granddaughter. She is still in the hospital and it sounds like the doctors don’t yet know what the problem is. She told me she was feeling very tired.
I don’t know how to handle this. There’s nothing I can do but pray for her recovery.
Sunday, October 4, 2026
20261004 Slow Recovery
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That's a wonderful place to start dear Bill is praying. Praying for hold on a second and for your granddaughter. My eyes the cataract replacement surgery has gone so well. I'll just be glad when I can get measured for my new glasses. I mean I can for little things but other things I need either readers or glasses so I can see far away too. Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well, but you are right you got the flu shot so that means you could have got a little bit of the flu. That's how they make the injections. They take a live active fuel bug and turn it into medicine. Go figure. I don't understand it either. Feeling well you. You look good. You look real good so that's a positive it's getting late and the older I get the sooner I want to go to bed. So you take care and be well and know that I keep you in my prayers always
ReplyDeleteThe darn shot is still a little sore and I still feel a bit off my game. I've had some heart irregularity the last 3 days when I've been walking. I wondered about that. I have been drinking copious amounts of coffee all day night and even when I wake up in the middle of the night. I went online and saw 4-5 cups a day is okay. I have been drinking 16 plus a day and night. That causes heart irregularity. So coffee is out, now it's water and an occasional beer.
DeleteBrother Bill
I bet it's that shot! You'll feel better soon but don't get them in the future. I've had one and never again!
ReplyDeleteKathy I will never get one of those shots again. This is the first time I ever had the shot. I always said no and never got sick. I won't fall for that trick again. My arm and back are still a bit sore.
DeleteBrother Bill