Friday, October 9, 2026

2026 Hard for me to imagine

October 9th, 2026

I like watching short clips about the navy even though I’m no longer in the navy.

I saw a clip about a navy recruit and I was shocked when I saw an E-1, the lowest pay grade in the navy, making $1908 on his first month in the navy. In my first month in the navy I made $70 and the navy took back $15 for tooth paste and razors and a small netted bag to hold them. When I was discharged as an E-6 I was only making $400 a month. Now a navy E-6 makes $3-4000 a month. This is mind blowing to me. I was working for a computer company for 10 years. I think I was making $1500 a month after those 10 years.

All I can say to a young man today is GO NAVY and get rich!

No comments:

Post a Comment