I think it's some of the best writing I've ever seen. I think any man who received a piece like this would be glowing after reading it.
Hi Bill...
I did manage to write a little something. Please keep in mind,
i'm a little rusty, for I haven't written anything in quite a long time. Let
me know what you think.
Jess 020106
Eyes Open
I wasn't looking when I met you
and I couldn't see where I was going once I knew you.
Everything bloomed and radiated happiness.
I was amazed at how well we complimented each other,
how happy we were together.
Yet, as they always do, things changed.
I didn't realize the distance would be so damaging,
so difficult to deal with.
I tried, with all that I am,
to make it all bearable, for both of us.
You knew how I felt, what I needed,
that the little things
were monstrously important to me.
Yet every time,
you did enough to pacify,
than you pushed it aside,
filed it away as non-important,
each time, breaking my heart a little more.
This last time,
with your refusal to give your comfort and support,
broke the string my heart was hanging on with.
There are so many things you could have done,
still could do,
but it would take a lot of
hard work and persistence.
Things that,
when applied to a relationship,
are foreign to you.
I wasn't looking when I met you,
and I couldn't see where I was going once I knew you.
Thank you for teaching me to keep my eyes open.
No comments:
Post a Comment