Monday, August 24, 2026

260824 Moving

I moved perhaps 100 yards to a different apartment.

Despite the short distance, it has taken me 5 months to get everything changed address wise and I still have troubles.

The electric company has been supplying my electricity well, but while I live in G11 they seem to think I’m still in D3 for some reason. The company provides good service, but when I go online to pay my bill I have to go through this 2 step verification to pay my monthly bill. Like someone would break in and pay my electric bill for me. Once I manage to break into my own bill to pay, sometimes it says I owe 0$ the next time it says 49.24$. I was on the phone to a nice woman at the company to solve my issue. She gave me a way to pay that was so convoluted, I couldn’t keep up with her. I still haven’t paid. I tried to pay on Saturday and Sunday over the internet, but their system doesn’t take payments over the weekend. I opened the payment site a few minutes ago and it says I owe 0$. I’m good as long as they don’t shut me down.

When I was a young man I could do anything necessary, but this old brain doesn’t work like it used to. Many things seem beyond my comprehension. I think I need to go into the old folks place to sit and watch tv until I pass away. If they ever finish the place and I move in, I’ll have to go through the whole cycle again with changing addresses. I’ve been here 5 months, sent a change of address to all and they still send things to the old address. For the past 5 months I still get mail for the previous tenant on a regular basis. I send things back with a clear: “Return Addressee Unknown” mail still comes from the same places.

At the old folks home I can sit in my chair outside and watch the grass grow. Maybe I’ll watch the maintenance men and let them know there’s a better way to do that.

I’ve been practicing different voices, I’m pretty sure people will like the different voices. They’ll really like my Sean Connery voice. I can also use a gay man voice; that should be a hit. I’m also very good with my old man, no teeth, pointing my finger at someone while saying;”don’t F with me cause I can still kick your ass.” That’s my favorite voice.

I better be careful, those places may have separate areas like prison for unruly old farts. Maybe they’ll just kick me out, but no, they want their monthly tap at my bank account. They could just kill me and rent my room to somebody else. That’s not unheard of.

It seems like I read somewhere that some old folks' homes have seniors hooking up and even doing the nasty.
As Toby Keith sang in his song, “I ain't as good as I once was, but I’m as good once as I ever was.”
I’m only 81, I imagine some of those men might be in their nineties, making me look pretty good!

Old men can get cranky and feisty and mean. That could set me up for a pugilism conflict.
I’ve been working out these few months and I think I could handle some old fart if I had to.

Brother Bill

2 comments:

  1. Once moved, you can simply cancel those utilities, since all will be provided for you. Very few changes of address will be needed as a result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kevin, I'm looking forward to moving in to Hampton Manor. I'm thinking I need to be there. I do have a nice apartment, but I need people my age to be with and talk with.
      Brother Bill

      Delete