Most of you readers know I was in the United States Navy for many a year. Some of you didn’t until today.
Many sailors have a story or more that they tell. I had 63 navy stories that I set to paper and pen. Since those navy years, I’ve added 2,801 entries on this blog.
My last story series was fictitious for the most part. I enjoyed writing it.
Back in my navy days a sailor could tell a story two different ways. He could just tell the story as it happened, but sometimes the story was difficult to believe. So if the sailor wanted everyone to believe the story, he could paraphrase it with one saying that guaranteed truth.
That phrase was; “this is no shit.” That was equal to taking an oath that truth prevailed.
This morning something new happened. A story that is 100% true.
With the fantasy in the most recent stories, what was true and what was not may have seemed difficult to imagine.
This morning I looked out my bedroom window and there was a police vehicle pointed directly across the street toward my apartment window. Now why would a police vehicle be pointed directly at my abode?
This wasn’t as scary as when two giant police men were banging so hard on my door that I thought the door might be destroyed. It happened that the man who lived in this apartment before me was wanted for several criminal issues and they were here to arrest mister Bradlee. They had no pictures of Bradlee or me in the apartment, which was good enough for them to arrest. The only thing that saved me, was my neighbor in the adjoining apartment came walking down the hallway and told the police I wasn’t Bradlee, but he was seen walking around the complex. The two giant policemen took off at a dead run. I don’t know if they caught Bradlee that day, or maybe I’ll have another banging at my door with the police looking for ole Bradlee. One never knows what may happen at any time.

No comments:
Post a Comment