Sunday, November 5, 2023

231105 Forks over Knives

I watched this documentary yesterday and found it to be astonishing!

The title Forks over Knives is available on YouTube or on the TUBI streaming channel. It is one hour and thirty minutes long and it could change your life.

I’m shifting focus for a bit to what I experienced yesterday. I only watched the documentary to kill some time before going to the fitness center. I was waiting for the fitness crowd to clear out on Saturday. There was only one other person there. I did all my exercises and decided to do a half mile on a treadmmill. The reason was to see how many calories I would burn during a half walk at two miles per hour. It took me 49 minutes to finish a half mile and I burned 50 calories. I thought about that for a moment and realized that one Coca-Cola soft drink would add 150-180 calories in just 15 minutes. It doesn’t take a genius to realize all the exercises cannot drop weight. While on the treadmill, an attractive young woman started using the treadmill two spots over from me. She had it set for part walking and part running. She was so heavy that during the running time her pounding shook the floor underneath us. I felt sorry for her, because I realized that all that exercise was not going to help her lose her weight. You cannot burn as many calories as you can eat in a day.

The documentary was done by two American doctors both were raised on farms and started their lives eating a lot of red meats and dairy products. Both entered medical schools and both became interested in the obesity crisis in this country. They studied this for over 30 years and with the help of a Chinese doctor they figured out the answers. In China, and Japan there are virtually no breast cancers, no colon cancers, no liver cancers. While in the USA, even children are getting those diseases. The answers are simple; it’s in our diets. The documentary has all the facts, charts and the proof.

In my own life, I lost all of my weight, some 50 pounds in the time when Joyce was hospitalized for more than 2.5 months. I had no appetite and ate very little. It was easy, because food in the hospitals was not very good anyhow. The point in the documentary is, you can eat full, satisfying meals if you eat the right things.

No comments:

Post a Comment