Saturday, June 10, 2023

230610 Cooking for One

I have never been a cook.

When Joyce passed away, I became a cook. I’m not a good cook, but I am still surviving 19 months later. I avoid any complex recipes or any fancy foods. I am very basic with my culinary procedures. I have to be because if most anything needs to be cooked or heated it’s done in a microwave. The exception is when I use my toaster oven for french fries and some fish filets. I cook, eat and clean up in roughly a half hour, slightly longer with the toaster oven.

Today I had some eggs to cook, but the scrambled eggs I fix in a skillet always turn out flat and relatively tasteless. I wondered if there was a way to make them in a microwave? It turns out that it can be done and it’s simple, with less mess to clean up. I thought, sign me up for that. The recipe and directions are simple and the eggs came out fluffy and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment