Friday, May 5, 2023

230505 B-29

I'm not writing about a number on a bingo card. There is no B 29 on a bingo card.

My son-in-law, Rhett, called yesterday morning and said he would pick me up to take me to the B-29 cafe in Ozark for lunch. The place is like a WW-2 museum. The walls are covered with WW-2 pictures and uniforms. There’s even an old bomb casing with its fins that looks to be a 2000 pounder. There is also a WW-2 underwater anti-ship mine suspended from the ceiling there. I enjoyed the experience and my goodness I had a hamburger so huge I have never seen one like it. The burger was grilled in their kitchen. The french fries were large, fresh cut and cooked in the kitchen for my meal. We walked in when the doors opened and the place was packed in 5 minutes time and there were people outside waiting to get in. I was still full 4 hours later. I just looked online and found the cafe has a 4.8 rating out of 5 stars with 1,131 reviews. That seems awesome to me! There were bikers with their Vietnam Veterans jackets in there, non military people and other veterans. It is definitely a must for WW-2 buffs like I am. Here is a link to see the inside and all the things going on there. One of the segments says free meals to veterans on veteran’s day. The waitress asked me if I was a vet when she first walked over to us, by the way, the service was excellent.

2 comments:

  1. Wahoo! Another spot where hubby and I can enjoy our foodie obsession.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to bring a big appetite. I couldn't finish my meal and had to bring some home for later.

      Delete