Friday, October 28, 2022

221028 Timing and Life

Have you ever thought about how timing is so important in life?

It is my belief that timing and life are intertwined more than we might think.

For instance, suppose we are late for work and we are rushing down the highway to get to work, there is a big accident on the highway that happened at the time when we would have been there and been in the accident had we not left later than normal.

I was up nearly all night before my wedding and when I finally did get to sleep I overslept and was late for the wedding. Joyce was standing in the church waiting for me. She could have left and that would likely have changed my life forever.

Late in my time working at Litton I was in an impossible situation and I was ready to walk out the door. It was late that morning and I was going to quit, but I thought I’d stay for lunch. After lunch I felt better and finished out the day. The next day I felt like it would be my last day at Litton, but I endured one more day. The following day the news arrived that the plant was going to close in a few weeks and there would be severance pay coming and we would have help with our health insurance afterward. Had I walked out when I first wanted to, I would have lost a lot of money and health insurance. Again timing worked for me and made a big difference in my life.

Back in 1966, I got Joyce pregnant a few days before I left on a navy cruise to the far east. She ended up being 2 weeks late before delivering and I got back from the cruise in time to hold my baby Annie the day she was born. That was a big day in my life.

3 comments:

  1. ya know Bill, I'm not a particularly religious man, but I’ve always seen that sort of thing as a God thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. The expression - Timing is everything - is as true now as it has been in the past. Charles

    ReplyDelete