Wednesday, September 21, 2022

220921 Autumn

I am fascinated with Autumn.
I believe that autumn is the season with the most change. It is also where I feel my life is now. My summer is over and I am changing with the season. My leaves are falling as my old skin is drooping and sagging. September is here and fading fast as is my expected lifetime. The days of autumn are shorter as is my life cycle. October is just around the corner when major change begins. I expect some major changes for me but as no one can predict what changes will happen with the weather; I cannot predict what changes will befall me. November will follow for me as it will for all of us. Greater change comes with November, the weather really cools down as when a body is dying and the skin grows colder with every breath. Then comes December with its icy cold as it is with a body no longer breathing. December 21st is when winter begins and ends the human life cycle. The angels come to collect the spirit and take it away, for the spirit never dies. The only question left is, where do the angels deposit the spirit? Will it be where the temperature is always 150 degrees or where it is always pleasant in the place everyone wants to be, in the presence of the Holiest of the Holy?

I have always been the 76% man in school and in life. That gives me a 76% chance to pass the grade into heaven, but it also leaves a 24% chance of going to the place of eternal heat. I would prefer a 96% chance of entering heaven, but it’s a little late in the game to get there. I’m locked into the hand I dealt for myself. I can only hope the devil doesn’t have that third ace that will beat my three kings.

No comments:

Post a Comment