Friday, September 9, 2022

220909 The Plan

I had several girlfriends before I met Joyce.

There was only one I felt that I loved. Her name was Sherry. We were 15 years old. I would have married her had we been old enough. I can only imagine how that would have turned out, not good. My life would have been different. I am happy things turned out the way they did because that marriage would not have lasted. Sherry was a troubled young girl. Sherry and Joyce had one thing in common, they were both attractive and both turned a lot of young men’s heads when they saw them. I’ll never know which would have been more passionate, but I know Joyce was the right one to marry. Joyce was smarter, a wonderful mother and a more dependable partner in life.

If the timing was reversed and I met Joyce at 15 and Sherry at 18, I would have likely married Sherry and had a different life. We would have had children together but then there would never have been my daughter Annie, therefore no granddaughter Hailey.

The way my life turned out with Joyce is proof for me that everything happens for the best. It may not seem that way at times, but it’s true. We all have times when events turn badly for us and we wonder why this happened? Those are lessons we learn and then we know not to repeat whatever we have done. I believe there is a plan for every one of us. Every step in the plan may not be what we want it to be, but there is no way to avoid the plan.

2 comments:

  1. Life will always take a different path than what you “planned”. I know because I have made so many plans that just didn’t go the way I wanted it to. Bill, your right on. Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  2. John Lennon sang “ life is what happens while we’re busy making other plans” there is a plan for each of us, just not by us

    ReplyDelete