Saturday, May 7, 2022

220507 Sentinel, The sands of time.

The sands of time are like our lives.
Constantly changing and shifting,
We never know how they will change,
Every day is new and different from the day before.
That is the spice of life,
Sometimes all is right with the world.
Other times there is too much spice in the sauce,
And that is not a good thing.
We all have days like that.
It’s the good days that we love,
When everything is just great.
Those days are when we are in the zone,
We are like a great athlete who practices his craft with distinction.
I’ve had a few days like that,
When I could do anything and everything with perfection.
Those are, however, few and far between.
I miss those Zen moments.
The best days of our lives are when we are in the zone,
And nothing can defeat our progress.
I long for those days again,
But time and opportunity prevent this.
The sands no longer shift as I want,
And time is no longer on my side.
I accept whatever fate brings to my day.
I will adapt and overcome whatever happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment