Tuesday, May 3, 2022

220503 Sentinel, Old Age

Getting old brings on ailments that we just have to deal with.
Old age is not for the weak of heart, obviously!
I’m finding out the worst part of it is losing friends and in my case the love of my life, Joyce. My parents, my wife, my youngest brother are all gone at this point. I’m sure that other friends I have had at times and my older mentors are all dead at this point. This morning I found a delightful woman Joyce and I met in Oklahoma had passed away. In the last few years we corresponded frequently, but a month or so ago I stopped getting any mail from her. She was older than I am, but she was a wonderful woman. I have other friends that are up in years and they all have health issues as far as I know, worse than my maladies. I have wondered since Joyce passed away when I too would leave this world. I just keep waking up every morning.

The first thing I do is thank Jesus for another day here. I know my countdown clock is ticking and there is nothing I or anyone else can do to change that. It’s funny in a way. It’s like a baseball game. There are 9 innings in a game and until the last play in the ninth inning, we never know who will win and who will lose. That leaves me to wonder, am I in the 7th, 8th or 9th inning? I believe I will know late in the 9th, before the last pitch. I feel confident I will know and be ready for the game to end, but even that one last play is unknown to me or in your case, you will not know either. I believe I have played a good game so far, made a few errors, and got a few hits along the way. But there is no denying we will all strike out at some point in time. I wish you many good games before then. Tick tock, tick tock and be good to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment