Tuesday, April 12, 2022

220412 Sentinel, My Age

I'm getting older
Today, Tomorrow And Every Day

I awaken early in the day
It takes a while to get up to speed
Eyes are blurred for a while
Knees snap, crackle, and pop
Having to go at a slow wobble
Until all systems are a working well
Getting old is no easy task
Gone are the days of jumping out of bed
Grabbing a cup of coffee
And then rushing off to work
Barreling down the highway
Racing the clock
Through snow or heavy fog
Trying to get to work on time
Trying to support a family
On one salary
Was it all worth the effort?
Absolutely so
Would I do it all over again?
Yes I would if I could
Those days are gone forever
Now I sit back and relax
Alone in my room
Thinking about the past
What a wonderful life I’ve had
With wonderful wife
So many adventures in my life
Travel halfway around the world
With stories yet to be told
Now old and gray
Looking forward to every day
Knowing some day it will end
Like footprints in the sand
Washed away with the incoming tide
I’m not sad over my eventual demise
Knowing a new adventure will arise

No comments:

Post a Comment