Tuesday, April 5, 2022

220405 Spring, Lovely Spring

It rained overnight and the air was fresh and clean.
I was out and about town this morning and saw my first Forsythia shrubs in bloom. That tells me that spring is here and now.
We had Forsythia all over the farm. I would cut stems when the first buds would be visible and then bring them in the house and put them in a vase, then wait for the buds to open. They made a beautigul display on the fireplace mantle.

I always loved spring on our farm. Everything was in the process of blooming and every day there was something new to see outdoors. Below are some of the flowers we expected through early and late spring.
The first flowers on the redbud trees that were all over the farm.


White Lilac.

Periwinkle

Plum Tree blooms

Star flowers

Grecian wind flowers

White Dafodils

The house in spring, note the Forsythia at the center of the driveway.

Iris

Nanking cherry

White Peony

Late spring Jackmani Clematis

There were more than what I have shown in this post. These here are what I could find without doing some deep searching thourgh all of the USB drives I have. Seeing these pictures make me long for those days on the farm. What I don't miss is all of the hard work there. We couldn't do that anymore so we sold the farm in 2016.

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful farm! I always enjoyed your stories, the flowers and trees, the deer - oh the deer! And inside your home you shared pictures of Joyce, her food, her decorations, and of course Hailey and her artistic talents. It was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you Deanna. You are one of my most loyal readers. I miss those times. They have so many good memories that come back to me.

      Delete